Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Long but good day ahead


  • I think I'm very lucky that I enjoy my job and my co-workers.  I forget that this is not true for a lot of people.
  • I wish I had some sort of fashion sense but I just don't and I detest magazines and clothing stores so I'm pretty sure that I will remain this way.
  • My neighbor made three borrowing trips to my house last night. The first was for 1/4 cup of oil, the second for nail polish remover and the third for sea salt. Hmmmm
  • I went to their house and asked for 12 inches of yarn and one teaspoon of sugar, neither of which I needed but I just felt kind of "pranky."
  • Tonight is speaker night at my home group and two sponsees are meeting me there. I think I will accept the "every Wednesday night" invitation to dinner with a group of young people that I usually decline because the meeting doesn't end until 8:30 and I don't like to be out until 10:00 on a week night.  Tonight though, I will go and listen to who is dating who and all the fun goofy stuff that young people in recovery do.  How awesome is it that they invite me week after week even though I almost always decline, and when I do go they insist on paying and include me in all their conversations.  That's a blessing.  This will be my get away night and I'm grateful.

7 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Have fun tonight Pammie. I hope your heart gets lifted right up.

Lou said...

I like when all is well in your world. It puts me in good mood also.

Anonymous said...

Accepting their invitation will make their day.

And your borrowing prank made me laugh our loud. I love it :)

Anybeth said...

it's fun hanging out with young folks. It helps me keep in tune with what's going on in the world today. the children are our future, right?

dAAve said...

Now I want to go next door and ask if I can use their typewriter.

Syd said...

Nice. Sounds like a fun evening.

Marcia said...

Hope you enjoy your night out with the kids....