Saturday, June 11, 2011

XX


......and then it quit working, and then it got bad, and then it got really bad.

June 11, 1991 - God poured so much mercy and grace on my head that I was able to have that blessed moment of clarity.  I could see myself for exactly who and what I was.  I will be forever grateful that God stopped the world for a brief moment in time to touch my life, my heart and my consciousness.  I knew instantly that I could and would get sober.  I never dreamed though, that I would wake up one Saturday morning and I would have 20 years !!!!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations. you are a blessing to me.

Lou said...

congratulations. you are a light of honesty to me.

Anonymous said...

HOT DAMN, PAMMIE! 20 YEARS! Way to go, sister. That's the good stuff :)

Mary Christine said...

He hasn't stopped touching you for one second. Oh, Pammie. How wonderful.

Let Go, Let God said...

God can only do so much, and then we have to pick up our bed and walk. I'm grateful for your sobriety, and all the motivations in your life that opened up your ears to hear. Good job, my friend, Good faith, and a good life that I'm sure has helped many, many, many along the way. Thank you for sharing with us that it works.

Annette said...

Love it! Congratulations!

Syd said...

I am so glad. You are still having those moments of grace sober.

Patty said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful :)

Jessie R said...

I'm so grateful that God did that 20 years ago with you, and that you are here today sharing it with us. Pammie you have no idea the effect that you have had with your words and your dedication here for even just one recovered and recovering alcoholic who is really quite new still who lives miles away but feels this beautiful web of connection to you. I love you and pray and wish for the blessings and love to continue to pour out into your life there in the big ole state of Texas and where-ever your feet and God carry you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late Pam but I have been dealing with a new Great Dane puppy. Congratulations on 20 amazing years of continuous sobriety -- you inspire me!