Monday, June 13, 2011

Just Stuff


  • My sober daughter who still lives in my mothers house, painted the kitchen cabinets lavender and then stenciled red roses on the front.  I'm hoping mother is too busy in heaven to notice.
  • It looks as though I may be able to get out of doing the workshop I have been dreading due to a scheduling mix up.  I have even offered money to the favorite charity of the person in charge, trying to get out of this.
  • I played hooky from work on Friday.  The first time this year.....I wanted to celebrate my birthday.
  • Looking around this morning, I wish I had used it to clean house.
  • One of the things that always comes to mind on my sober birthday is that I should be further along.  I think that every single year.  I was struck with a memory from my 2nd sober birthday when I wished so bad that I had 5 years instead of 2.  Geeez Pam.
  • I'm not sure what God has in store for me this year but I know he will be very slow in revealing it.
  • I cooked a big ol' supper for my neighbors Saturday night who are STILL stuck with never ending remodeling and no stove.
  • Let's put our clothes on and step out into the day!

3 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I don't know how you could be further along than you are, but I do know the feeling.

Do you mind if I take a bath before putting my clothes on?

dAAve said...

I wonder what "further along" would actually look like. For any of us.

Syd said...

I take a few steps forward and then fall back. It is just part of being human.