I came home, got in my bed and stayed until supper time last night, ate and went back to bed.
This is what I know:
- Opening my email at work and seeing all my responsibilities glaring at me, sent me into a full panic.
- I felt completely and totally overwhelmed.
- After sleeping for 8 hours yesterday, after a full nights sleep mind you, I decided that the intense physical pain of my abscessed tooth over the weekend had colored everything black in my thinking.
- I did not pay attention to how "squashed down" the pain had made my spirit.
- I am not able to carry on as if nothing has happened when I suffer pain. I have always needed a few days to recoup from an injury, that is how "I am" and I forgot. I also suffered an emotional blow a few day before as well, that I'm not comfortable writing about here.
- I went back to bed after supper last night and slept through till this morning. I feel stronger and more myself.
- I can not compare myself to others in this situation, I need to accept that this is the way I am and not get all crazy about missing a day of work.
- I can do my best today. I can ask God for simple direction.