I am grateful:
- That I made it through the first day of a hard week. It was difficult and stressful but oh goodness, I've had worse.
- That I jumped right back on my diet without a bunch of mind talk.
- That I laughed almost to tears when my co-worker told me about her mothers funeral this past week. I know that sounds disrespectful. Her mother was 88 and most of her friends were older. As my co-worker stood in the receiving line at the end of the funeral, she would introduce herself as Maggie's oldest daughter. It seemed that 3 different elderly people thought she was saying Maggie's doctor and all 3 of them started asking her questions. One man asked her about a spot on his eyelid and whether or not she thought it might be cancer, another went into questions about heartburn. She told the first guy "no, DAUGHTER" and he said, "I've showed the spot to my daughter and she don't give a damn."
- That my Theo is my Theo.
- That I feel a sense of renewal, every single day.
- That fear doesn't paralyze me like it used to.
- That God starts over with me everyday as if I haven't failed 1000 times before.