Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mid Week Again

Yesterday was kind of odd at work. I had to sit in the "corner office" of upper-upper management and 'splain something.  It wasn't  anything bad or wrong I had done, just something he doesn't know and I do. Anyway, I have been with my company for 6 years and have never been in that office or had a conversation with that man.  He is blind in one eye and it's very disconcerting to figure out where to look.  I think I sounded knowledgeable, I hope so at least.

OK, you know my son- the doctor  grocery store stocker right?  We call him "Brother" at home and on this blog.  He's the child pot head turned meth head who finally got a job in October at the age of 28, unloading trucks at the grocery store.  He STILL has that job....can you believe it?  He called yesterday to tell me that he has his own aisle now in the store and got a .25 raise.  He is the only addict I've ever known that has never called his Mother or any other family member asking for money or a place to stay.  I know he is still smoking pot but he has been off every other drug since he got this job.  There is joy in my heart over this one.

I believe God has an excellent day in store for me if I choose to follow his plan. 

7 comments:

Mary LA said...

Pam I'm blind in one eye. Just look me straight in the face into the eye that can see you and after a while you'll get used to the disability. Anyone who lives with disability understands embarrassment on the part of those who are 'able-bodied' as they call it.

As I recall, Brother is desperately attractive to women and they are always glad to put him up for a while so he has not needed family members as much as some addicts. Good to hear about the job and methlessness.

Mary Christine said...

Any day without meth is a freaking miracle. God bless him.

My daughter never wanted money or a place to stay either. After she got sober, I started paying her phone bill and having her spend weekends with me. She tired of that very quickly!

dAAve said...

Brother boy -- the doctor.
LOLOLOLOL

Annette said...

Did you feel like an imposter posing a big grown up lady in that corner office? I have to go to a work party with my husband and thats how I feel. "Ok, I can dress up and pretend to be a together grown up for a few hours." Ugh.....

Bless your son....the dr. er uh, the grocery store clerk I mean. lol You are so funny Pam. But really, I pray for blessings on that boy.

Bar L. said...

Congrats to your son on the raise and new responsibility...but mostly on never asking for $$$ or a roof over his head, that is rare indeed. I admire that.

As for the blind in one eye - I've dated TWO guys that had prosthetic eyes. One had cancer at age 3, the other got hit in the eye with a baseball so hard he lost the eye.
I had to get used to looking at only one eye when conversing, it can be a bit awkward at times.

Lou said...

I will never forget MC saying that 30 is a turning point for a lot of addicts. Brother is ahead of schedule!!

bluemtngirl said...

Hi....
First time at the site... and 1st time i've been sober in quite a while.

My WONDERFUL husband has had enough of my drunkenness AGAIN!

I'm probably going to try to go to AA again tomorrow night.

Feeling VERY lucky to have such a loving man in my life and feeling VERY ashamed.. once again... for getting falling down drunk AGAIN last night....