Saturday, December 31, 2011

I don't feel like thinking of a title but thank you for asking, mr. blogger


Thirteen years ago today I was laying spoon style in the bed with sober girl and rubbing her belly.  She had just turned seventeen and would be giving birth the next morning, January 1st to my precious grandson.

I have not been to a meeting in well over a week because I have not wanted to squeeze yet another thing into the day.  I believe I will hit an early one today if I can get myself moving.

Yesterday, I felt this fleeting feeling of momentary contentment and it was divine I say!  I was digging a hole for a small plant that my neighbor gave me and I realized that I was not fretting about anything at that moment.  I am most happy when I am aware of the goodness of the moment.  For me, this is where God can sooth the spirit, calm the emotions.

I have three new calendars with specific jobs for each.  That will last until about the first week of February but I will try none the less.

I will thank God today for keeping me sober through yet another year because believe me I could never figure out a way to do it.

7 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Happy New Year Pammie. And happy birthday grandson!

Anonymous said...

Happy (early) birthday to your baby's baby :-)

I get what you say about the contentment. We learn to recognize those moments and live in them for as long as we can.

Stay in peace.

Syd said...

Awesome. Happy New Year to you Pammie. Thanks for being here.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Pam. I hope the intensity of the ladt couple of weeks continues to subside.

Lou said...

Another year, another crisis..another bucketful of saving Grace.

God bless to you and your family.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY New Year, Pam!!

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

I liked reading this over and over. There's a lot of beautiful gifts in your post! Happy New Year!!!