Wednesday, May 11, 2011

You Need to Come this way LADY


This is a picture of my Kubaton key chain (see the little holes at the top for the ring?) it is the same pink color too.  It is 5-1/2 inches long and it is a self defense weapon that you can carry in your hand on the way to your car to be able to have something to jab with if attached in a parking lot.  For me, it was just a way to find my keys in the bottom of my big ass purse.  HOWEVER, the security people at the airport did not quite see it that way and I was detained, the police were called in, my license was run for warrants, paper work needed to be filled out and my cute key chain was confiscated.  Evidently the "I forgot to take it out of my purse" defense was not a valid excuse.  The paperwork stated that I tried to take a weapon on a plane.  I have a trip planned at the end of the month that I have been looking forward to for over a year and I am now worried that I am on some kind of "bad people list" that could jeopardize my trip.  I'm not sure how to go about discovering if that is the case. 

I'm grateful that I have all I need today and more.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot think of anything nice to say about that experience. I am grateful for the same thing too, though! Have a great one Pammie!

Syd said...

We have become a group of fearful people. I am sorry about the thing on your keychain. When I travel now, the only thing pointed I carry are my car keys. I wonder when those will be considered dangerous because I could easily go mad and attack someone with that key and do damage. Really...the whole airline thing sucks.

Anonymous said...

I second what Syd said.

Anonymous said...

Also, you could have said:

"Darlin', I'm from Texas. If I was interested in carrying a weapon, I could have done a helluva lot better than a little pink stick thingie..."

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

WOW, you're still bad-ass! :) Sorry they made such a huge hullabaloo out of it. I'm with Syd on the question of keys. Truth is if I wanted to hurt someone I could do it with a plastic spoon, so a kubaton seems kinda harmless really.

But we submit to authority, amend what we can, trust God for the rest and move along missie, move along. :) :oP

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Reminds me that in the 80's I would carry around a little spray can of mace or pepper spray on a keyring... I used to forget I had it and would fly with it sometimes... Wouldn't try that these days!!