Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Little Flood Can't Shut Me Up


OK.....so I am standing at the podium last night, telling my story and directly behind me (5 ft.) is a door to a small break room with a sink, ice machine and coke machine.  All of a sudden, water starts pouring out from underneath the door and the carpet around me is filling up.  Several maintenance people start scurrying around me and so I just pushed the podium to the other side of the room and kept on talking.  A little flood can't shut me up once I get going.

I wish the headlines in the news would read:  "Many celebrities are acting a fool...whatev...now for the weather"

I am grateful today for the new little nugget of truth about myself that I walked away with after reading Step Six in the 12x12 yesterday.  The words have always been there but my ability to receive it has not.

Stay in the day in Downy Fresh Scented --ahhhhh kind of way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Class act, Pam. Just keep on talking...

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

:) YAY Downy Fresh Scented! :)

You rock pammie, you are a sparkly superstar in my world (not the headline kind, just the God's kid kind) :)

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love it when the same old words suddenly look brand new. Ah hah! Never a doubt in my mind that you are unstoppable :) Wish you were coming to my party. I will have a S'more in your honor.

Syd said...

I knew that you would not let any flood stop you. Funny how I get something new out of the Big Book every time I read it.