Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuesday Morning

MaryinAfrica, if I knew where Beana came from I'd tell her to hush.  She writes her stories in a spiral notebook like a diary of thoughts and begins each entry as Dear Spiral Notebook:

Dear Spiral Notebook:

I wish I knew how far the walk was to Miss Olas house, but distance is a memory I can't conjure up in  my head.  It could of been a mile or ten for all I know.  Grownups didn't have a sense of worry back then about how far a kid had to walk.  Your legs were just what got you places.  I do remember pine trees that went on forever and there was always a pine cone to kick within toe distance.  It wasn't a road really, more of a path that was sometimes sandy and sometimes padded with pine needles. It always smelled good though, I can tell you that.  Miss Olas house was white, well no, it wasn't really a house but a room made to look like a house on the outside.  It made my stomach feel so rushed up when I would get close because it was just good there.  I think now that it was just good for me, but I know now that it weren't that good for Miss Ola or her sisters that lived in the little houses behind hers. I reckon I'll get to that though.  Beana.

  • Hey today is my Wednesday because I'm taking off work on Friday. Yahoo.My neighbors went to a strawberry farm about 20 miles south of me and brought me back more strawberries than I know what to do with.  Yum. 
    DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY



9 comments:

Kary May said...

When life gives you strawberries, make jam. Pammie, I think Beana might be your outlet, a voice that may shine through the "troubles" you been goin' tru. She sounds like the sturdy sort, someone you could lean on.

Annette said...

I am loving you Beana stories...just sayin.

And all I have to say about the strawberries is "Strawberry icebox cake." So yummy! Google it Lovey.

Grace-WorkinProgress said...

It is nice to have a distraction. Whether strawberries or writing.

Mary Christine said...

Wash 'em, stem 'em, put 'em in baggies, and freeze 'em. You can use them in smoothies, in yogurt, in anything.

I <3 Pammie, and now I <3 Beana!

SoberMomWrites said...

Love me some Beana. Can't wait to find out more about Miss Olas.

Hmmm...I smell a book deal...just sayin'.

Sherry

Syd said...

Having strawberries right from the garden is great. Nothing like fresh. Enjoy.

Mary LA said...

Strawberries already? Yum.

Carry on with Beana.

Unknown said...

ترميم فلل ومنازل
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالدمام
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالخبر
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالدمام
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالخبر
شركة انشاء مسابح بالدمام
شركة انشاء مسابح بالخبر
شركة صيانة مسابح بالدمام
شركة صيانة مسابح بالخبر
شركة تسليك مجارى بالجبيل
شركة تسليك مجارى بالقطيف
شركة طيوب للمجارى
شركة طيوب لتسليك المجارى

Unknown said...

شركة طيوب لتسليك المجارى
شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام
شركة رش مبيدات بالخبر
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بحفرالباطن
شركة عزل اسطح بالاحساء