Thursday, January 3, 2013

OK it seems that I know every damn thing in the whole wide world and could be my own doctor if it weren't for all that pesky medical school stuff-ola.  However, it may have been a poor decision on my part to take the entire days worth of a medral pack (steroids) last night before bedtime as a way of getting in the first days dosage.  It is 4:38am and HELLO I'm still up.  My alarm goes off in 20 minutes anyway but damn, what a night.  I did manage to text back and forth the night away with my son in law who was sitting in the ER all night with sober daughter.  My pacing, fretting and crying did not solve much and of course now it is time to shower and start a long work day.

I need some humility in my actions today.  Of course, I want voluntary humility and not any of that forced kind from God.  Sometimes, serving others can really get me out of myself, and sometimes it's what gets me into all this in the first place.

I'm having some "fabric calling" these days and odd fabrics of burlap and the like.  I'm not sure what direction that I'm supposed to take with it since I don't sew nor do I want to.  It's been interesting.  I'll keep you posted on that.

Being sober is a real hoot.

7 comments:

Syd said...

Ha--we had fabric calling yesterday to get some yardage for a chair and a couch that will be upholstered. I went along for the ride. Lots of choices and even saw some sailboat fabrics that were beautiful.

Wishing you the best with the humility. I feel it just about every day.

Mary Christine said...

I hear you with the voluntary humility as opposed to the kind God gives me.

Hope the daughter is OK.

SoberMomWrites said...

Ahhh...humility - if you figure that one out would you let me know? Seems I can only get the God kind where I live.

Hoping sober daughter is okay...and you are too.

Sherry

Anonymous said...

Happy new year.

New iPhone app, Buzzed101, measures the effect of alcohol or stress on your body. This could be a further incentive in staying sober...

Hope you and your daughter are okay

Mo
mo@buzzed101.com
www.buzzed101.com

Ruby Tuesday said...

I've always had trouble with humility, let me know if you figure that one out

Take care x

Unknown said...

شركة المثالية للتنظيف
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
المثالية للتنظيف
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف
شركة المثالية لتنظيف الفلل بالدمام
شركة المثالية لتنظيف الفلل بالخبر
شركة المثالية لتنظيف الفلل بالجبيل
شركة المثالية لتنظيف الفلل بالقطيف

Unknown said...

شركة طيوب لتسليك المجارى
شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام
شركة رش مبيدات بالخبر
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بحفرالباطن
شركة عزل اسطح بالاحساء