Monday, October 31, 2011

Every day-the page turns

It took a few attempts but she's off the ventilator as of late last night.  She's tired, sore and confused but is breathing on her own again.  She said "I told you the up coming year was going to be full of blessings for me.  I've met a new Pulmonologist that I love and he said he would work with me."  Ah Miss Positive.  I went by her house last night to drop off HEPA filters and saw that she had a clothes line strung up in the house with sage and rosemary from her garden hanging to dry and I wonder if that had anything to do with her asthma attack.  She loves to make her smudge sticks ya know.  sigh.

I'm a little anxious to get to work this morning since I missed most of Thursday and all of Friday with my imagined poisoning episode. 

Oh oh oh.....Saturday morning I found a "really truly" pair of tap shoes, in my size a the Goodwill Store.  I've only wanted a pair since I was 5 years old.  I wore them around the house (all tile) until I could tell that my husband and dog had the look of thinning nerves.  Hey, we gotta take the joy where we can find it.

Thank you for the prayers for my sweet baby.  I wish y'all could know her and see the glow of God she has all around her.

No guilt candy corn eating day.

8 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Oh Pammie. Bless her heart. I will pray of course, and I will get to church today and light a candle.

I have always wanted tap shoes too. But I bet they would dent my bamboo floors.

dAAve said...

Thanks for the good news.

Mary LA said...

So relieved to hear your daughter is feeling better I could tap dance away the day myself.

A Great Dane with thinning nerves must be a sight.

Annette said...

Oh Pam, you are precious! After hearing about your girl's kitchen, I do love her! She sounds like a precious soul filled with excitement and gratitude at being alive each day.

Syd said...

I am so happy, Pam, for you and your daughter. Maybe the smudge sticks aren't such a good idea for a while. Happy Halloween to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

I use to tap myself stupid all over my mother's linoleum floor. I can see now that there was a reason that carpeting was laid shortly after.

I'm thrilled your baby is on the mend :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post all the way around, happy for Miss Soberpants and I laughed my butt off at the visual in my head of you joyfully walking around the house with those tap shoes on and Theo and hubby ready to climb the walls.

Lou said...

Good news!!

I was thinking..everyone I know who got the flu shot got dreadfully sick about a week later. Hmm..maybe it IS a government conspiracy.