Monday, April 25, 2011

New Week

I have all the credentials of maturity but I still want to save quarters in a mayonnaise jar for a down payment on a surf shop in San Diego or an incense shop in San Francisco. I still want to be a hippie in hemp sandals driving a multi-colored van. Actually over the last 10 years that dream has turned into a really cool cottage like apartment over an art studio in Key West. I love where I am but I always think my "true destiny" lies somewhere else.
I am grateful today for old dreams that never die. I've learned that you just never know what's right around the corner. There is an excitement in the unknown.

I am satisfied with my weekend and looking forward to how this week will unfold. God is doing wondrous things in my family.

6 comments:

Bar L. said...

I love San Diego! What is it about SD that draws you there? I'd like to live there and be independently wealthy so I could write a book and go out listening to good music every night. :) I'm a hippie at heart too.

Anonymous said...

My whole family is from San Diego. All I ever think about is the traffic :)

But the incense shop in San Francisco...not a bad idea....

drybottomgirl said...

Because the best things in life are always simple. This post reminded me of that and that we should always keeps our dreams alive and ready to roll at any given moment....

Annette said...

lol I wear Birkenstocks in the summer and add socks in the winter. My signature scent is patchouli cut with a little french vanilla. My husband just bought a used car for me that is so fancy....I said, I would have been happy with a vw bug with hand-crank windows. I think you and I are kindred spirits. :o)

Sober Julie said...

I'll happily come to the surf shop

Syd said...

Come on over and open up a surfer incense flower shop. I am sure that folks would love that at the Edge of America, aka Folly Beach.