Monday, March 28, 2011

I Can't Think of a Post Title Today

Going back to work after a four day break, sucks like a big dog.

I had a wonderful weekend with my out of town friend.  We ate our way across my big old city and I swear I'm still full this morning. We visited every little independent shop we could find and I made a major score at a metal junk yard for an art piece I'm working on.  My husband cooked us hamburgers on the grill last night while we sat with our feet in the pool and I played my guitar.  It was nice for me to have a "normie" visiting for a few days.  I love her and she loves me back...that's awesome.

I'm kind of anxious to get back to work where my thoughts are on a more analytical plane and I can move away from days filled with talks of feelings and family and memories.  I guess a lot of people are spending good money for therapists trying to get in touch with their feelings while I am usually tying to get away from mine.  Feeling your feelings is highly over rated....just sayin'.  I'll hand over my "feelings" to God today and let him sort them out.

PS:  For some reason I would love to be able to blast Tone Locs' Funky Cold Medina in the shower this morning (???)

3 comments:

dAAve said...

cool.

Anonymous said...

I have zero desire to sort through my feelings. I would rather sew a new dress and bake brownies. Some call that denial. I call it 'getting out of my head.'

I've had Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby going through my head all weekend.

The feet in the pool with hamburgers thing sounds divine :)

Syd said...

Is that a new body scrub? Ha, I am so out of touch with new tunes. I would rather blast Comfortably Numb. Have a good work day!